One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
2016 Competition Information
To view you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader go to www.adobe.com.
2016 Competition Schedule
2016 Participating Schools
Start a New Team for the 2016 Season
1. Case Materials
2.Code of Civility
3. Code of Ethical Conduct
4. Conflict Dates Form
5. Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
6. Guidelines for Jurors
7. Guidelines for Presiding Judges
8. Hints of Preparing for the Competition
9. Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
10. National Mock Trial Newsletter
11. Philadelphia Rules of Competition
12. Rules of Competition Updated 10.9.15
13. Rules of Evidence We will be going off of the National's Rules of Evidence again this year. .
15. Supplement to Case Materials
16. Student Timekeeper Guidelines
17. Teaching Tips
19. Trial Practice Training Examples
20. Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2016 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at 800-932-0311, ext. 2223, or email@example.com.
To view past case materials click here.