One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
To view the 2016 Mock Trial Championship Round click here.
2017 Competition Information
To view you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader go to www.adobe.com.
What is Mock Trial
Start a New Team for the 2017 Season
2017 Mock Trial Competition Schedule
2017 Coordinator's list
2017 Participating Schools
2017 Region/District Map
The Regional/District level trial schedules and results/scores will not be posted on the website. Please obtain the needed information by contacting your Coordinator. If you are unware of your Coordinator please click on the Coordinator’s List on this page.
- Case Materials *posted 1.9.17
- Code of Civility
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Conflict Dates Form
- Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
- Guidelines for Jurors
- Guidelines for Presiding Judges
- Hints of Preparing for the Competition
- Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
- National Mock Trial Newsletter
- Philadelphia Rules of Competition
- Rules of Competition 8/4/2016
- Rules of Evidence *PA Mock Trial follows the National’s Rules of Evidence
- Supplement to Case Materials *posted 1.9.17
- Student Timekeeper Guidelines
- Teaching Tips
- Trial Roster Form
- Video: Mock Trial Workshop for Students and Coaches *It is broken into chapters Please note that this is not our State, however Nevada has allowed us to use their videos
If you have any questions about the 2017 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view past case materials click here.